Why the IT industry values Colorado Springs:
> Attractive Incentives:
> Ideally Situated:
- Property Tax Rebate
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
- Employment Grants
- Employee Training Grants
- Private Incentives
> Proven and mature data center market,
- Near Geographic center of the US
- Get to & from Colorado Springs with ease
- Convenient Flight Schedules
HP, FedEx, Progressive Insurance,
> Not exposed to either natural (tornados,
earthquakes) or man-made risks
> Removed from potential terrorist targets
military, historical or high profile)
> Cool, dry environment is favorable for free
estimated 7,000+ hours/year
> Competitive utility rates – 39% below
> Utility infrastructure is protected,
reliable – 99.991%
> High capacity (100+ MW) and scalable
> Colorado Springs Utilities ranked nationally
Vineyard LLC, the City of Colorado Springs, the University of Colorado, the
Economic Development Council, Colorado Springs Utilities, and the State of
Colorado have come together to present the Vineyard Data Center Park, a
sustainable and master planned development. The story of this project is about
the mutual benefits resulting from multiple parties in a public-private partnership.
Fiber will be delivered to the data center via two (2) redundant and diverse outside plant entry points to building foot print locations on east property (or into Meet-Me-Rooms).
- Each Communication duct bank will have 6 concrete-encased 4 inch trade-size PVC (schedule #40) conduits.
- 4 of 6 conduits will contain two (2) 4-cell Maxcell fabric innerduct from the carrier manholes to the Meet Me Room.
- Provisioning will provide for adequate access for 34 paths per manhole/vault.
- There will be access 102 S. Tejon Street with dual path / multiple strands dark fiber.